Friday, May 7, 2010

End of the week

Yes, it's the end of the week, and in some ways it seems like a short week, in others it seems like a long one. I know, I'm not making much sense. Must have something to do with the amount of sleep I'm getting at the moment.

I'm going to complain about my soon-to-be-new-neighbours across the road. Don't get me wrong, it will be nice to have people finally living in the house after 18 months. But if recent activity (and by recent I mean the last 5-6 weeks) is anything to go by, then the entire street serves as a carpark for their friends and visitors. I know they are doing up the house and completely renovating it from top to bottom, and they are lucky to have friends who are helping them do it. But when I can't even park my car in front of my own house or turn my car around then I get a bit annoyed....and the irritation becomes like an itch that just needs to be scratched when a lorry parks across the road.

The first time it parked there I thought "wow, they are moving stuff in already". The second time I thought "they must have forgotten a few things the first time". Now every day the blasted thing is parked out there, sometimes it's just the cab, othertimes it's the full kit and caboodle!!! I keep looking around thinking maybe our house has been lifted up and dropped down in a service station or something! Now I know I'm being ungracious, but this is a quiet and calm neighbourhood (on the whole) and if he drives the lorry (which he clearly does) then I have a sneaking suspicion (more a dread) that this lorry will be around a lot more....and I don't like it! But what can I do? Suggestions on a postcard please!

No comments:

Post a Comment