Saturday, May 8, 2010

Busy Saturday

Phew! It's nearly the end of the day and I'm just bushed. Hubby is out at the annual Rugby Scrumdown dressed as a gladiator (I kid you not). So I'm home alone with the three children, and I'm hoping they all sleep well and let me have a peaceful evening!



What a day....was up early this morning to get my daughter to school on time for the pre-show preparations. Le Verseau, the school my two older children attend, is celebrating its 40th anniversary. The kindergarten children put on an amazing show - the choreography, costumes, set and energy were incredible - I was very impressed. Also very impressed with my little girl who had a wonderful time on stage, even if she had her hand in her mouth most of the time (she was being shy!!). Had no idea after the second performance we were expected to attend an all-school sing-along, we just happened to be in the playground on the swings when I was asked by another parent what time we were expected back!!! Anyway, off we trundled back to the kindergarten area to leave the children with their teachers for the big sing-song.



All in all it has been a good day. My daughter really enjoyed herself. It was also nice to talk to people I don't often have the opportunity to see, and to catch up on their news. It was a shame my older son couldn't be there as his class had worked very hard with their garden and it was really beautiful.



But while we were busy at school, the boys were near Liege at the Belgian National Finals (rugby). By all accounts the boys played well even if they didn't win. I'm sure this evening at the Scrumdown they will be dissecting the games and reliving the glory moments....



Just got a text message from one of the teachers telling me my bid for a cushion won the art auction so I can pay and collect my prize on Monday. I haven't told hubby I made a bid, didn't think I would win!!! But it's all for a good cause - the art that was being auctioned was all created by the children in the primary school, to raise money for the new gym. Can't wait to collect the cushion and bring it home.



Now the question is, where to put it?

No comments:

Post a Comment