Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Sleep, what's that?

Writing yesterday's blog was SO tiring that I crashed out at 11.15pm after giving my little fella his last feed for the night. I think the house could have fallen down around me and I wouldn't have even known it. Woke up at 5.15am to hear the little fella gurgling and chatting away....and before I could leap out of bed (ha ha ha...I never leap anywhere) the gurgling turned to crying...so I got out of bed to change his nappy, feed him and put him back to bed....And at this point the big dilemma of the morning was upon me - depending on how long it would take to feed him, would I get anymore sleep before the alarm went off at 6.20am? Well, I was fortunate that the little guy knew mummy needed more sleep, so I got a 2o minute nap. But of course, did I feel refreshed afterwards? NO WAY!!!
So now I have taped my eyelids open so that I can see what I'm doing (very helpful when driving the car I find). And in less than two hours I will be collecting my older kids from school (here in Belgium we parents are fortunate enough to have our children at home with us on Wednesday afternoons.... ) for an afternoon filled with activities. I think after today I will need to be in bed before my kids are ready to sleep!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment